The work of Citizens Advice Daventry and District would be impossible without our volunteers, Citizens Advice Daventry and District has over 40 volunteer workers, and there are many ways to become involved. You could train to be an adviser, help streamline the office administration systems, become a member of the Trustee Board, or assist with fundraising, publicity or social policy work.
All our volunteer advisers are fully trained. You do not need any particular qualifications or experience, but require the following abilities:
- Be a good listener and open minded.
- Able to work with clients to achieve results.
- Read complex information and relate it to clients.
- Have a good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Work as a team member.
- Can commit yourself to 6-8 hours each week.
- Support equal opportunities.
Voluntary work for Citizens Advice Daventry and District provides good experience for paid employment. You will receive 100% support, full training and your expenses paid. We are committed to equal opportunities for our workers and clients, and welcome volunteers regardless of race, gender, sexuality or disabilities.
Please contact us in person, or by letter, phone or email email@example.com, to find out more about being an Citizens Advice Daventry and District volunteer.